Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

My goal is the most crucial says Oparanozie

Falconets' striker, Desire
Oparanozie has described her
winning goal against Mexico as
the "most crucial" in her career.
Nigeria defeated Mexico 1-0 in
the quarterfinals of the Fifa
Under20 Women's World Cup in
Japan on Thursday but had to
wait till the 109th minute to
break the resilient North
Africans.
Oparanozie said: "This is the most
important goal of my career.
"I knew all eyes were going to be
on me, but thank God l was able
to get the decisive and most
crucial goal."
Oparanozie, who has now scored
twice at the World Cup, also
spoke on the game dragging into
extra time.
"I never imagined it but that is
football for you. When you
expect the goals to come, they
don't," she explained.
Nigeria's Falconets will face the
winner of either North Korea or
the USA in the semifinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment